I feel I owe everyone a list of status messages and random observations I have made over the period that elapsed between the last post and this one.
- The wittiest, and yet, the geekiest pick up line I have heard comes from Dr. Ian Malcolm (the film version), as he explains chaos theory and remarks, “Dr. Sattler, I refuse to believe that you are unfamiliar with the concept of attraction”. All inveterate math geeks should be laughing about now. I advise the rest to turn back.
- I was literally taxed today. And, notwithstanding the xkcd comic today, I mean literally.
- My culinary skills still follow the same periodic pattern: exciting new discovery followed by dismal failure at cooking a well loved dish. Or two.
- Matlab tops my list of ‘Most Hated Software’. Yea, it be no programming language.
- Dire Straits lifts me up when I need it most.
- I am still trying to decide on my favourite sci-fi franchise.
- The Master of Ballantrae makes good use of well known historical characters, and yet, remains faithful to history as we know it.
- While people I know are covering every inch of the globe, I made the end sem resolution of finally exploring downtown Vancouver.
- Graph theory continues to fascinate me through the sheer versatility of its arguments. It also continues to befuddle me through the abstruseness of its proofs. Therefore, it is my great pleasure in announcing that I managed a 2-hour lecture on a topic from the same field without passing out in between. Oh, and I had a larger audience than the usual class of six.
- Kinks once told me that Naruto was the best manga he had ever read. I now have the qualification to second his opinion.
- Other topics that I delved through in the past few days, not including my research and course content, are:
- The Terminator franshise
- Loads and loads of cricket
- Boston Legal, albeit illegally
- The largest metropolitan public transport systems in the world.
- And some other stuff. That was inaccurate. A lot of other stuff.
Much as I would like to write a block of text here, I am afraid the will to do so escapes me for the time being. Hopefully next time. Till then, ciao!